In the event that an agency receives an unsolicited donation, in-kind and/or financial, the agency must take these steps.
- The recipient must immediately notify OPGS.
- If the donation is in-kind, the donation must be placed in a secure area until the donation has been approved.
- If the donation is financial, the recipient agency must immediately forward a copy of the unsolicited checks to OPGS.
- The same guidelines outlined above must be followed before an unsolicited donation can be accepted, and approved.
- Until the donation receives approval and Legal Sufficiency, the donation cannot be used.
- Once OPGS authorizes the donation, the donation may be put to use, or in the case of a financial donation, the check will be deposited into the appropriate account established by the recipient’s AFO.