The Mayor’s Office of Partnerships and Grant Services in collaboration with GlobalGiving, a Washington DC based nonprofit charity fundraising website, will offer three half-day training sessions on Crowdfunding an interactive internet-based platform that enables nonprofits to profile compelling projects to a crowd of potential global funders who make philanthropic contributions to projects of their choice. This innovative web-based application enables nonprofits to expand their network and leverage the financial resources from a wide variety of small donors globally. The half-day trainings sessions will occur from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the following dates:
- Friday, September 27, 2013 (DC Department of Health, 899 North Capitol St. NE, 4th Floor, Room No. 406 – 407);
- Monday, September 30, 2013 (John A. Wilson Building, 1350 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Room G-9); and
- Monday, October 7, 2013 (John A. Wilson Building Room, 1350 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, G-9).
The sessions will cover the following topics:
- Creating effective online communications content;
- Mapping and expanding your network;
- Engaging and maintaining donor relationships through online dialogue;
- Developing and implementing an online fundraising strategy; and
- Using crowdfunding to boost your fundraising success.
Only nonprofit, community and faith-based organizations that provide services to residents of the District of Columbia may attend. The participants are expected to attend all training sessions and must register by COB, Wednesday, September 25th. Registrants may designate an alternate if unable to attend all three sessions. Please click here to register.
Please contact Kelsey Nelson at email@example.com, or call OPGS at 202-727-8900 for more details about the training. In addition for information about GlobalGiving please visit www.globalgiving.org or email Manmeet Mehta, Senior Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.